Second, I want to introduce you to somebody. This is evangelist Steve Pigott. He is the father of my pastor/pretend-brother-in-law Daniel Pigott. He was passing through and managed to stop at our church yesterday (perhaps his son, daughter-in-law, and grandkids had something to do with finding time to stop, huh?).

Anyway, he spoke at our church yesterday, a message of his titled 'Music Paints Pictures'. I can't figure out a way to post a mp3 file to the blog, or I would. Does anybody have any way to do this? Anyway, since I can't figure it out, I encourage you to go to http://www.biblebaptistfairbanks.com/audio/2006_index.shtml and go down about halfway down the page and download the mp3 of 'Music Paints Pictures' (as well as the other sermons of Pastor Pigott's that are on that page, particularly 'Oh Well', which deals with joy in difficult circumstances and includes the testimony of losing his eye).
This message, 'Music Paints Pictures', really convicted me yesterday of how easy it is to carelessly let things into my mind, through music, books, etc., and those things stay in the brain and cannot be removed. Lord, forgive me for the things I have let in that I wish I hadn't.
Go listen to these messages and ask the Lord what He might tell you through them, then come back and leave me a comment to tell me how the Lord used it in your life!

2 comments:
Boy isn't that the truth! You know, I've long since stopped reading a lot of "Christian" books, simply because a lot of what they have to say doesn't really line up with the Word of God, even if it looks like it on the outside. Not all of them, but a lot.
When I was single, I also had to stop reading the christian romance novels, because they affected me even though I didn't see it right away. I've had that talk with my sister, too, because in all of those books, even though they're sweet love stories, they portray a very perfect scenario that quite frankly is the farthest thing from real life! Once again, not 100% of them, but a lot.
It's good to be mindful of what we allow in between our two ears, because eventually it will affect our hearts!
So, in two words or less(which I'm incapable of), "Amen, Sister!" :P
What fun to see Bro. Piggot. :)
Post a Comment