As I left the office after my interview yesterday morning, I told the Lord, "You're so good. You would still be good if You had not given me the job, and I would still thank You. But You are so so good, blessing me in these ways. I am so thankful for You, and I am thankful for this new job that You have given me. Help me to use it for Your glory."
Y'all know that I work for one of the school district's recreation programs, Manes and Tails. You also know that I've been trying to get another job, since Manes and Tails is only on some Saturdays. What you don't know yet is that my hours just got cut even more for Manes and Tails, I will not be leading every time. But you do know that I have for awhile been trying to get another part-time job.
Well, it occurred to me -- although in hindsight I know that it was a thought from the Lord -- that I could work for another program within the SVUSD, their after-school daycare for elementary school age kids. I called the lady at the office that is in charge of the hiring paperwork, and she advised me to come by, fill out an application, and see what happens. Tuesday I put in the application at about 2:15 or so, then went home. I got a call at about 4:00 by the lady in charge of the program in my city, asking me for an interview yesterday (Wednesday). I went in for the interview at 10:00, and today I have to go over to the office to pick up my official T-shirts and find out which school I will be at...and then I start this afternoon.
Is that amazing or what?
I was totally NOT expecting to start so soon. I'm only working Tuesday/Thursday/Friday afternoons for now, since I have an afternoon college class on Monday and Wednesday, but next semester that will probably change. For now, 2 hours a day, 3 days a week is perfect. It leaves me plenty of time for studying and such, but still provides the extra income. Is God good or what?
What's more, they are flexible with letting me have a little time off for other things. For instance, my mom and I always volunteer for Operation Christmas Child in November/December. My new boss just wants two weeks' advance notice of which days I will be unavailable.
I am soooooo blessed... :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That;s awesome!
Post a Comment