The YLCF is having a Peek Into My Day blog carnival today. Far as I can figure out, it's supposed to be about your Friday. Well, I didn't know about it well enough in advance to chronicle Friday, and that was many hours and a lot of pieces of candy ago, and I certainly don't remember it well enough. So I decided to do last Monday instead. And while thinking about it, I decided to do it on my private blog instead of my public one, just because some parts of my typical day are not necessarily ones I want to share on my public blog. Comprende?
Anyway, here goes:
A Peek Into a Monday of the Cowgirl For Jesus
4:47. The alarm goes off. Rats. I don't want to wake up yet. I roll over, turn off the alarm, and turn on the nightstand light. Then I promptly roll back over and go back to sleep.
4:49. Don't you just love an alarm clock with two alarms? I do. I set the alarms usually 2 minutes apart, gives me enough time to get used to the idea of waking up. And when I wake up the second time, I'm usually in a light enough sleep that I don't mind so much having to actually wake up. If that makes any sense. Anyway, I turn off the second alarm, stretch, and sit up in bed. I look around. The dog is on the floor instead of the bed. OK. The cat is coming up the bed toward me, declaring vociferously that she is very hungry. She apparently ate all of her dinner last night. And since she's on a low-food-intake diet right now, she gets VERY hungry. I decide I'd better feed her right away or she'll give me no peace. I get out of bed, measure out her 1/8 cup morning ration, and get back in bed, sitting crosslegged with the covers up to my waist.
I grab my Bible, which is on the nightstand, for my personal devotions. Technically I have 20 minutes allotted for this, but depending on the passage I'm reading for the day, and what the Lord lays on my heart to pray for, it doesn't always take quite that long. This day I am done with about 5 minutes to spare...so I set the alarm for 5:20 and doze for five minutes.
5:20. The alarm goes off again. Bother. I turn the light back on, get up out of the bed. Casey-dog knows that the third alarm is the one that says it's time to actually get up, so she gets up and heads toward the door. Skeeter-cat, tummy satisfied for the time being, jumps off the desk and follows Casey, tail high in the air. I open the door to let them both out of my room, knowing that Mom will let Casey out into the backyard. I put on my robe, gather my Bible, water bottle, cell phone, and chapstick from the the nightstand, and head out to the living room. Depositing these items in their normal daytime positions, I go into the kitchen to put my water bottle in the 'fridge and greet my mother who is already industriously working on breakfast and my dad's lunch. We kiss, say good morning, ask how each other slept, and then I go off to go to the bathroom and check my email.
5:40. Dad comes out of their bedroom from doing his morning devotions and showering, and we all have breakfast. For Mom and I, it's a bowl of cereal and half a bagel each. For Daddy, it's an English muffin and a handful of pecans. He's on a diet.
6:05. Breakfast done, we head to the living room for family devotions. I let Casey in from the backyard to join us and she curls up on the floor next to me. We just finished Job, so our passage this morning is Psalm 1.
6:35. Devotions done, Mom and I sit and snuggle on the couch while Dad checks his email, puts on his shoes and belt, and leaves for work at 6:45. Then, after talking for a little while, it's into our day we go. I shower, then work on my geometry for several hours.
11:00. My backpack is packed, Mom and I sit down to lunch.
11:25. I kiss Mama and head out with my backpack, lunch box, and purse.
11:45. I'm in my accounting classroom at the college, quite a bit early. I say hi to one of my friends who's also already there, then pull out my geometry and work on it for about 10 minutes.
11:55. I put away the geometry. Most of the other students have already arrived, as well as the teacher, but my best friend in the class, a guy named J, isn't there yet, which is very unusual. He likes arriving early just like I do, and he's usually there before I am. He finally comes in, breathing hard, at 11:58. He'd forgotten his book in the car and had to go back and get it.
12:04. Class starts. We're on chapter 7 of the book, which is dealing with Accounts Receivable and Notes Receivable. Interesting stuff. Class breaks for five minutes at 12:58, then we're back on it until about 2:10. Class technically is supposed to be 12-2:20, but the professor often lets us out a little early.
2:15. J goes with me to my car, because we are getting rid of some old computers and I offered him some parts out of them. He takes from them what parts he wants, I give him a ride to his car, then I head down campus to the lower parking lot.
2:35. I get to the locker room, eat my snack from my lunch box, change into my ballet outfit.
2:55. Up to the dance classroom for ballet. Class starts a little after 3:00, so I spend the few minutes stretching and chatting with my friend D. We spend the first 45 minutes warming up and doing excercises at the barre, then the last 35 minutes learning and practicing dances for our final recital.
4:40. Later than I intended to be leaving, I chatted too long with D and now I'm late heading home. Oooops. Sorry Mom and Dad. I get home, we have dinner. Yay, I actually don't have to go anywhere tonight after dinner! I do the dishes, then study geometry until nearly bedtime.
9:10. I meant to turn off the light at 9:00, but I wasn't relaxed enough so I read for another ten minutes. But now the light is off and I'm hoping to sleep. I've slept about 6 hours the previous two nights, not counting a few day naps on Sunday. I need some sleep or I'll be really tired the rest of the week. Please Lord, let me get some sleep! And I finally drift off to sleep, probably at about 9:30, which means I get 7 1/2 hours of sleep that night.
So that is a peek into a Monday of Cowgirl For Jesus. I hope y'all enjoyed it! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yes, I enjoyed reading your day! I hear you on the lack of sleep stuff, I've been an insomniac for the past 3 or 4 weeks.
I enjoyed this so much!
Just gotta ask..........you went to the bathroom and checked your email...all in the same trip? Lol....
Love you -
Post a Comment