You gotta love kids. It's either that or hate them. Here's some of the things I've heard kids say recently, either at Kid's Factory or at Manes and Tails.
M (a girl) to S (a boy): "I used to love you, but that was before I found out you’re evil."
C (a boy): "I farted!"
M (a girl): "Wasn’t God and the devil cousins or brothers, and then the devil wanted to switch places and God got mad?"
A (a boy): "I have two girlfriends, and they both know about it."
S (a boy, after I told him to direct the horse and tell the horse where to go with the reins): "Horse, go over there!"
L (a seven-year-old girl with a lisp): "I don’t like gwass in my haiw!"
C (a boy) to A (another boy): "Do you bleed when you get cut?"
D (a boy, said to me): "You look weird."
C (a girl, while looking at an animal): "Is she a girl?"
I have some kids that are driving me crazy. Sometimes I just want to spank them, but more often, I want to spank their parents for letting them be like that. The one thing I've found that helps me love them is to remember that Jesus loves them, and I tell myself, "The Lord loves that kid, so you have to love him/her too." So I have a question for my readers, knowing that several of you are mommies, and several have been or are nannies or are also working with children. How do you do it? How do you keep from punching the kids who drive you crazy? Any tips and hints for me?
P.S. I wouldn't really punch the kids. You know that. But that's not to say I haven't wanted to. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Take a deep breath, and ask the Lord for patience out loud. :)
I love how you said that you wanted to spank the parents, that right there is the truth! Maybe if we rounded up some of these parents, and gave them a good ole fashioned spanking, we'd have alot better behaved kids!
LOL! These cracked me up. Even though I know how it is to be totally just...annoyed...by it all. I think what got me the most about the kids I watched was the fact I was doing their Mother's job. Now, I realize some women HAVE to work to keep food on the table, but in all honesty, that's not how God intended it to be. Whenever we break outside of what God created us truly and wholly for, we get a mountain of issues. Same goes for a Mom who IS where God designed a mother to be, yet her heart isn't submitted to the Lord- the same problems can arise. So, that being said. You're the only example these kids see, right then and there. As hard as it is, love them anyway. They didn't choose to be where they're at. If they're in an after school program it's probably because there's no one at home. Just smile, and pray. Pray that God blesses you with a husband who works hard so you can stay home with your babies. :)
You and me both girl!!
I swear, some of the kids that come into Urgent Care need a little ATTITUDINAL ADJUSTMENT as I call. Its amazing how spending just 5 min with some of them make you want to pull your hair out, ask the parent to please leave the room and have a leetle chat with the terrors...
But I agree, its the parents that need a good lesson. I'd love to have a copy of To train up a child to give them all!
Post a Comment