Remember I said that my mind knew that the Lord had a different plan, but my heart doubted it?
That night, as the instructor recommended, I emailed the department chair (who happens to be my beloved Dr. T, a past teacher and now a good friend) and asked if there was any chance they'd let more people in. I fully expected to hear from her later saying that she couldn't/wouldn't.
The next morning I was looking at the online class schedule, deciding what other classes I could petition for instead. I had made a list, and was going to petition for these other classes.
You need to understand, I had let go of this class. I was sure the Lord didn't want me in it for some reason and had come to a peace about it.
Lo and behold, I checked my email about midmorning, and this is what I read:
Hi Rebekah, after a long discussion, the school will allow add's to SL 4. Please email your instructor for the APC code. His email address is... Please do this ASAP. Thank you. Dr. T
I cannot describe how flabbergasted I was. It was totally unexpected. And then I understood. I had been right about that peace earlier, but the Lord wanted to work in my heart to get me to trust Him about it before He let things work out this way.
Which is not unlike last fall. Last fall I went around to several different stores, even put in several applications, looking for a job. Did I get one? No. Most places either were not hiring, or only hired 17 and older, and I didn't turn 17 until this past January. I was disappointed, a little frustrated...and then the Lord gave me a job at the farm, working for Manes and Tails. I love love LOVE that job, and I could not have gotten it and would not have thought to ask for it had I gotten a different job earlier.
So my point, or should I say God's point, is that He is teaching my heart to trust Him more. Now none of these things have been big issues, life-or-death things. But who knows, He could be preparing me to trust Him in something much more momentous.
On the current job front, I am still working Manes and Tails this school year, or planning to. Project Noah just ended, and Manes and Tails won't start until the third Saturday of September. Meanwhile, since I have college classes on Monday and Wednesday during the day, and Tuesday and Thursday evenings, I'm looking to get a job Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday during the day, and possibly Saturday afternoons. Since I still have a little bit of my high school chemistry and geometry that I didn't get done last school year, and with that and these dual-credit college classes I will be ready to graduate high school this spring, I have those days pretty much open. It's not like the old days of homeschooling when I was doing schoolwork every day ALL DAY!! And right now, at the community college I'm attending, tuition is free to high schoolers, which is very nice (we still have to pay for books, but my parents are paying that since it's still part of my schooling). But starting next school year, I'm going to have to be paying for my own classes...and although at $26 per credit unit, Saddleback isn't nearly as expensive as most community classes, I'm going to need income to pay for my classes and books. Which means I would really like to get a job now and be saving up, as well as having some steady income, to use for college. Don't get me wrong, I love my Manes and Tails job, and intend to keep doing it...but at $8 per hour, 4 hours a week -- that's not a lot of income.
There's a new Chick-fil-A opening up not far from me, and I put in an application and actually had an interview with them...but I'm pretty sure that door is closed. They said they would call within this week if they were going to give me another interview, and this is Saturday -- no call this week. I'm disappointed -- I would've really liked to work there. I love the company of Chick-fil-A, I love the food, and I would've enjoyed the job. But once again, I know the Lord must have some other plan, one that is better because it's His all-knowing, all-powerful, all-gracious, all-loving plan.
So that's where I'm at right now -- trusting for His timing! :)

2 comments:
Amen, sister! Seems like so many people I know are going through similar situations such as this. Including myself! God is yearning for our hearts to trust wholly and completely in Him, and Him alone. It is so wonderful to be in that place of peace, and see Him working. :)
It's great to see how God is teaching you to trust Him at such a young age (well young compared to me anyway, lol). Keep living that way and God's light will show through you to all who know you.
Love Ya!
Post a Comment