If you saw the post on my other blog, you have a good idea that there's some...stuff...going on right now...
I'm asking for prayer, mostly for our minds right now, that we resist giving in to depression and/or anxiety, that we trust in the Lord for whatever happens.
I basically lost my job last Monday -- technically I haven't actually lost it, we're just going through some budget cuts and the employees with less seniority have been put on a sub list...which of course means that there's a possibility of being called in to work, if someone calls in sick or whatever...but with this going on, everyone's trying to hang on to their jobs, and nobody's taking time off. It's been over a week now and I haven't been called in once. I'm waiting until after this weekend, with the Equine Affaire, and then next week Lord willing I'm going to start looking for another job...
My dad is facing the possibility (I hate to say it, but it's almost a probability instead of a possibility) of losing his job in this next round of layoffs... The company has offered a sell-out, a nice package deal in exchange for quitting (they're asking for volunteers to quit so that hopefully they won't have to lay off anyone), but...this leaves you without a job, and without the possibility of unemployment. We'd really rather not either sell out or lose the job, but that's probably not an option.
If my parents lose this job, they will probably be moving very soon afterward...not sure yet where, probably either Seattle or Cleveland, Ohio. However, I will probably not be moving with them. I really feel led to finish my associate degree here before transferring, in all likelihood, Lord willing, to West Texas A&M University. The question then becomes where I would live if I stayed here, how I would support myself, etc. At least one option has been offered me, that I would live with a friend who operates residential senior-living and hospice-type homes and help take care of her elderly folks...and I know a few other family members and church family around would open their homes to me if I needed it. I just don't know yet, and I'm having a hard time thinking about the very real possibility of living without my parents within a few months. Yes, I may be 18 now, but that doesn't mean I feel ready to leave them yet.
Oh yes -- the 18. My birthday was the 23rd, and it was a wonderful, wonderful day. I didn't have some of the dear friends and/or family there that I wish could've been there, but instead of complaining I am so very thankful that so many of my good friends could come together. Nearly all my good friends in this area were able to get together to celebrate -- it was so cool to finally have my friends meet each other!!! We had a birthday party out in a nearby park, first birthday party I've had since I was, oh, probably 11...and first park birthday party I've had since I was maybe 8 or so. It was really, really neat and I have many good memories of the day. Yes, I will post pictures of the party when I come back from my bloggie break.
Speaking of the bloggie break...I already apologized on my regular blog, but I want to apologize again that I haven't been by all of y'all's blogs in sooooooo long... So much I want to do and say, so very little time...
Time. Yeah. I gotta get back to homework. Just wanted to drop by and tell you I'm still alive, and to ask for prayer. Thanks, and I hope to be back soon!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Bless your heart, sweet girl! Your family is really going through some changes. I'll be praying that everything works out according to how God would have it be. He knows the desires of our hearts, as well as what we can and cannot handle. Trust Him always, and He'll never lead you were you shouldn't be. {hugs}
Will pray for a new job for you and amd continuing to pray for your entire family. Love you!
Aunt Moira
Egads! Ok that's a weird term but anyhow. Yes when the Lord brings you to mind I sure will pray... That's a scary thought of bein on your own! Wish you could come stay with us :( Seriously though if you need some ranching experience for a summer sometime...
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!! I know changes are hard sometimes when they come but God will give you the strength. He is not surprised at all at the things going on with your family. He will take care of you all. Just face one day at a time because he only gives strength for the day. Take care, my sweet friend and I know that God is blessing you and one day you will see how and why this all is happening and if not then by faith you can accept what ever God allows into your life. Grandma Connie
Hey you! Just checking in, been missing ya!
Post a Comment